GREENUP, Ky. -Team Amy For Africa runners got the spring season off to a rousing start on Saturday, including many who participated in the Samaritan’s Feet Shoes of Hope 5K at the Greenup Fairgrounds.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Rob and Lori Hale completed their first half marathon.
- Missy Murry and Kelli Prater completed their first 10-miler.
- Maggie Lawenttman ran a PR in the Shoes of Hope 5K after doing 200 squats.
- Gary Coovert ran an incredibly fast time after running eight miles before the 5K started.
- Mark Maynard took six minutes off his PR in the 5K.
- Amanda Wesolowski finished the 5K being 35 weeks pregnant.
- Danielle Wesolowski ran with her 5-year-old daughter Kinslee, who was in her first 5K, and still finished second in her age group.
- Marcus Weslowski, one of AFA’s youngest runners, sped to the finish line.
- Supporters Alan Stringer, Russ Crawford and Ralph Martin were strong in the 5K.
- Chris Long was Steady Eddie again in a 5K.
- Speedy Eric Stewart kept a 6-minute pace in the 5K.
- Danny Sallie and daughter Keisha Estep fought hard to the finish line (she won).
- Ruthie Lynd was her normal encouraging, energy-filled self for the 5K.
- Patty Lane didn’t run but came out to support the runners with her smiling face.
Be watching for future results from the Team AFA running team that has almost 40 members.